Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Of Realms Forgotten and a September Remembered

David, over at The RPG Corner, in a display of the preternatural synchronicity that often pervades the old school blogosphere, has posted a transcript of Ed Greenwood's tale of being introduced to D&D.

After re-immersing myself back in the Forgotten Realms over the past few days, I can see that the richness and flavor that Ed imparted into his game world is just as present in his account of his first DM. I've read this tale once before, but I had forgotten how touching it was and how it plays upon the emotions the same way the Realms did with me once. Thank you for reacquainting me with it at this most fitting of times, David.

2 comments:

David Larkins said...

I'm just catching up on my blog reading for the week so I'm just seeing this--you're welcome! :)

Off to read the rest of your Realms posts...

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, I always think of that First Quest column when I see or hear of Ed Greenwood. Enjoying this series, especially as the Forgotten Realms was the primary campaign setting I participated in as a player.