Saturday, October 1, 2011

Thanks, Dave

I just got home from the 3rd Annual NYC Dave Arneson Memorial Game Day. It's been a very long, but very entertaining and sometimes enlightening day. I'll have a little more to say about it during the week ahead, but I did not get nearly as many pictures as I had hoped and things were still going on when I left.

Suffice to say, none of that fun would have been possible without the contributions of Dave Arneson. Thanks so much, Dave. You changed the world with a simple idea. Thanks also to Tavis Allison for organizing the event and to all the game masters and panelists who came down to help out. It was well worth braving the wilds of Brooklyn and getting up before dawn to do so.

4 comments:

katre said...

I jumped into a game of Inspectres with you and played the confusingly-named magic user in your Labrynth Lords game. Thanks for running that and I'm sorry I didn't get to see whether Lyle went free.

Havard: said...

love this picture! Id be very interested in hearing more about how the event went. :)

Michael Curtis said...

@Katre: Thanks for coming down and sitting in on both game. It was my first experience with Inspectres and we certainly needed Sally's help to banish the goat-demons of Kingston, NY. And yes, Lyle dig go free and the adventurers found the Pearl of Evaders Noan. But two people were eaten by giant fiddler crabs!

Michael Curtis said...

@Havard: I'll try my best to describe yesterday's events, but I fear I was too immersed in a lot of it to provide a clear, comprehensive picture of what happened at the Brooklyn Strategist. I'll at least hit the highlights of my day.