Thursday, March 19, 2009

Interesting Times

This week has been a mixed bag of events for the Society of Torch, Pole and Rope. On one hand, I've managed to get a few projects off my plate and out the door, taking some of the pressure off of me. There's also a few things going on behind the scenes that I'm very excited about and that I'm hoping manage to come to fruition.

On the other hand, there's been a few unforeseen events that have taken a toll on my psyche and have left me not very much in the mood to flex my creative muscles. This week's installment of Stonehell is about three-quarters finished but I'm not feeling up to the task of getting the last part done just for completion's sake. I'd rather delay it a few days than do a half-assed job on it.

I'm going to take a few days off to attend to some pressing matters before I return with both Stonehell and a final look at the skill-less skill system I've been brewing. I need some time without a deadline looming over me; something that I've not experienced for a few weeks now. I expect to be back by Monday and it is possible that I might have the weekly Stonehell piece up over the weekend, but it's best to not make any promises in that regard.

In the meantime, I invite you all to leaf through the posts from the past, especially if you're one of the recent arrivals to my neck of the blogosphere, and to visit any one of the fine blogs listed over there on the right of the page. I've got a pressing engagement with the white-coated gentlemen from Happydale Sanitarium to attend but I hope to see you all again on Monday.

3 comments:

Timeshadows said...

Here's hoping your psyche recharges soon! :)
---
Word Verification:
* Opecles: Slang term for something extremely unlikely.

"I'll harvest opecles when the Middle East freezes over."

trollsmyth said...

Best wishes on the craziness. I certainly know how that can go.

See ya Monday! :)

Matt Finch said...

Hang in there!