Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Dungeon Alphabet is in My Hands

Christmas Eve brought a surprise of Santa-like proportions – a box containing my author’s copies of the Dungeon Alphabet arrived on my front porch. These were shipped directly to me from the printers, so I got them extremely early. The commercial release should be available through distributors by mid-January, so if you’ve pre-ordered or are waiting to see it on the shelves to pick it up, the wait is almost over.

It’s a surreal experience to hold the finished book in my hands. This whole process began over a year ago and, unlike Stonehell Dungeon, I was divorced from the publishing process. The book appeared almost by magic after my writing portions were completed. I’m obviously biased but it’s a good book. Of course, it will be up to you kind folks to prove me right and I’m looking forward to hearing what people have to say about it.

Most of my author’s copies are earmarked for various individuals, but I may hold on to one copy and do something special with it here on SoTPR. I’ll see what my options are and I’ll let you know.

In the meantime, I’ve got some reading to do.

4 comments:

letsdamage said...

I like Stonehell Dungeon so much that I pre-ordered the Dungeon Alphabet with some of my Christmas money. Looking forward to reading it.

Reverend Keith said...

It looks cool, but how is it feel as a 48 page hardcover book? Ultimately I care about the content, but I have to admit that I'm surprised with the number of thin hardback RPG books lately, so a 48 page one took me by surprise. *shrug* Not the end of the world, and it certainly won't stop me from buying it.

BTW, do you know if it's going to be released in PDF format?

grodog said...

Great news, Michael: I'm very-much looking forward to reading the expanded edition :D

Allan.

validation word: gognetic!

Michael Curtis said...

It looks cool, but how is it feel as a 48 page hardcover book? Ultimately I care about the content, but I have to admit that I'm surprised with the number of thin hardback RPG books lately, so a 48 page one took me by surprise.

I'm perhaps the most suspect person to answer this question, but the book "feels" fine. The hardcover doesn't detract from the book or make it seem odd to me. And with a $9.99 cover price, it certainly isn't there as an excuse to gouge the buyer.

BTW, do you know if it's going to be released in PDF format?

I don't know if a PDF version is going to be made avaialble. I'll pass along this information if and when it becomes available.