Monday, July 6, 2009

Files in the Ether Update

Well it appears that unless I wish to pay Orbitfiles $60 a year to upgrade my account, I can't link to any of the files currently residing in my non-public "shared" folder. Considering that I don't make any money off of my crazy .pdfs posted here, that's an additional cost I can't justify in this economy.

Some alternative options have been suggested and I'll be exploring those in the next few days. In the meantime, all the links will remain non-functional. If you really, really need to get your hands on one of the .pdfs, drop me an email at the address listed to the right and I'll try to work something out. Sorry for the inconvenience.

5 comments:

noburo said...

So that's what it's all about! I thought the problem was mine and mine only. Serves me right for ignoring those newsletters...

Goodbye Orbitfiles, then. Thankfully, all I had to fix was the link to my OPDC entry on my sig on various forums (did I mention I won 'Best Pub'? Yaay!)

Frost Ryder said...

I host thru 1and1.com, they're a standard web host. I get 5 gigs of space, 2000 email addresses, 5 subdomains, 5 SQL databases, etc. WAY more than I could possibly need, for I think $3 a month. With one service like that, I've never seen a need to go with other sites :)

Anonymous said...

mediafire.com

Tacoma said...

I've just gotta say, you're completely awesome. You take the time to make a thing and give it away for free. Then when the file host screws you over, you apologize to your readers and offer to try sending the files some other way if there's a request. Just fantastic. Thanks, man.

Will said...

It's probably already been suggested, but I recommend Dropbox or drop.io. Dropbox is free up to 2GB, and you can share as many files as you want. Of course, you can always get multiple Dropbox accounts. It's how I host my public files, and it's great.