Saturday, March 27, 2010

Turnabout is Fair Play

The convention is over for me and it's now time to do a little last minute prep work for tomorrow's game. All in all, it was a good two days. There were a few cancellations of games, resulting in me not playing as much as I hoped to, but the social aspect of running into people I haven't seen in years, as well as doing a little shilling and bush beating for the blog, made up for the lack of table time.

The swag was fairly decent, too. I even snatched up a copy of Colonial Gothic from our own James Maliszewski. After my most recent archival project, one that required me to do a lot of research on colonial era Long Island, I'm looking forward to perusing this book when time allows.

The con did allow me to make good on a promise to myself as well. As I mentioned recently, I was inspired by one of my player's artistic efforts to better detail his characters. Seeing as how my Friday night's CoC character sheet had one of those "Draw Your Character Here" blank boxes, I gladly obligied. Since I featured my player's artwork without asking permission first, I feel it only fair that present to you my own "artistic" efforts in exchange.

Behold Professor Scott Baker in all his thumbnail sketch glory:
CoC doodle Never let it be said I'm too proud to mock myself.

1 comment:

Zanazaz said...

At least you did a sketch of your character. Most people will just grunt or shrug, and say they can't draw. The more you do it, the better you will get. Do not fear the blank page! Don't feel like it has to be perfect either. Liek that old commercial, "Just Do It!"

Oh and shameles plug...
http://havedicewilltravel.blogspot.com/