Monday, April 27, 2009

Tales from the Front

One of the biggest differences that I've noted about writing game material versus general blog writing is that getting feedback on the gaming material is often hit or miss when compared to the posts on this blog. Writing a dungeon and making it available to the public is very similiar to giving birth to a child, then immediately putting that baby up for adoption. You hope they end up in a good home but you don't have any say in the matter once the child's out of your hands.

Because of that, it's always nice to hear that somebody is taking good care of your kid and raising him right. Just recently, I've learned that two of my creations are off living a good life with new parents. The Fane of St. Toad is apparently in good hands over at The Omnipotent Eye and Stonehell is helping bring families closer together over at the Tales of the Rambling Bumblers. I think Stonehell officially has had more vistors to its halls that any other dungeon I've ever written. Considering that that was my hope when I first started making it available, I'm most certainly pleased at this state of affairs. Hopefully, once the compilation is complete, tourism will be at an all time high.

3 comments:

Max said...

"I think Stonehell officially has had more vistors to its halls that any other dungeon I've ever written...Hopefully, once the compilation is complete, tourism will be at an all time high."
You know what would be neat? If one of the various megadungeons being built at the moment had a wiki, where the DMs running it could note changes wrought by their players. Seems like a way of using the internet to recreate the large player pools and competing adventuring parties of yesteryear.

Anonymous said...

I am working this idea in reverse- taking the comments from my blog and slowly compiling the information into game material. Essentially expanded upon my blog to make a print book. I really appreciate all of the feedback I get as some days I am a little groggy behind the keyboard.

Anonymous said...

All because Stonehell is really good dungeon and I'm waiting for deeper levels or updated/refined (as you wrote last week) upper ones. Good job, thx!