It seems that I've managed to restart both my brain and my creative output in the manner that I was hoping for. A few weeks back, Grognardia had a contest to design something of a "Gygaxian" nature, be it spell, item, mosters, etc. At the last minute, I pulled something from the dungeon and submitted it.
It ended up taking the prize.
This was the boost that I was looking for and it helped motivate me to get this blog up and running. I've submitted an entry for Grogard's Challenge #4, which win or lose I'll post here in the next few days.
In dungeon news, the long Labor Day weekend allowed me to finish up most of upper works of the dungeon. I'll get into details on that in the near furture, along will a quick review of an Metzer era Basic D&D solo module I picked up cheap.